Photo: Simon at Parliament presenting the findings of Criminal Law Reform Network Now’s report on reform of the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
Simon has lectured extensively here and abroad on national security, terrorism, surveillance-related law and human rights. Simon usually undertakes training on an in-house basis and occasional events will be advertised on this page. If you wish to discuss your training requirements with him please get in touch.
He has modules for the following areas but if you need something specific, he is happy to discuss this with you in more detail.
- Planning and authorising legally compliant surveillance operations
- RIPA for authorising officers
- Covert Human Intelligence Sources: the law generally and civil liability from use and conduct
- Handling threats to life: understanding and applying Article 2 duties and obligations in order to avoid preventable deaths
- Disclosure in criminal proceedings
- The Investigatory Powers Act 2016
Simon has convened the annual Covert Investigatory Powers Act Conference 2023, taking place at Woburn Hall, London on 4 October 2023.
He has some capacity to provide in house training in 2023. Use the contact page to inquire about either.